7 Tips To Help You Pass Your Dissertation Defense Without Trouble
You dissertation is one of the largest and most intimidating and time consuming papers you will have to write to date. You will be asked to conduct a completely new study on a topic in your field.
Even though this may be a difficult time for you, the best part is that once you get to the dissertation defense, you are near the end. So now all you have to do is pass your dissertation defense without any trouble and you are home free. Here are some tips to help you do just that.
- You will have the answers
- The committee wants you to succeed
- Keep it simple
- Answer the question honestly
- Let them know that you don’t know
- Get a good night’s sleep
- You won’t know everything
Don’t worry about not having the answers that the committee will ask. You have done a lot of research on your topic and have been working hard throughout the entire process. You have read your own paper many different times and you will know the answers, so just relax.
Remember that the committee is not against you. They want you to succeed. When you keep that in mind, you will be more confident and less nervous. That will make the paper turn out better.
You will want to make sure that you answer the questions as simple as possible. You should not continue to ramble on and on. Just answer the questions that you are asked and leave it at that.
Just answer the questions honestly. Don’t try to make things up to sound more sophisticated or to sound like you have done more research.
If you are asked a question that you don’t know the answer to, just let them know that you don’t know instead of trying to answer the question when you know that you don’t know. Just be honest.
You will want to make sure that you don’t stay up all night preparing but get a good night’s sleep instead.
Even though you have done a lot of research, you won’t know everything. You will have to make sure that you know this and remember that nobody knows everything about a topic. You have prepared and studied the topic and you know a lot. Just don’t let your nerves get the best of you.
- Composing a thesis prospectus
- Completing a thesis in mathematics
- Crafting an architecture thesis
- Guidelines for law students
- 7 steps to a thesis proposal
- Tips for public administration students
- Drafting your research proposal
- Writing an English literature thesis
- College paper acknowledgements
- Creating a good thesis review
- How to conclude your thesis
- How to complete a nursing thesis
- Formatting a thesis title page
- Writing a PhD paper in education